Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Music industry

Few days ago, I chitchat with a friend who is a local artist in Malaysia.
He’s a guitarist from Pop Shuvit.
We talked about career and STPM.
He involved in this industry since he was a teenager.
If I’m not mistaken, he was 16 that time.
I mentioned about being an artist.
Is it easy or tough?
Is it worthwhile?
Will it bring you satisfaction?
I was like telling him how tough this industry can be.
Well, he said every career is also tough la..
Hahaha!
1 of his reply was:
“The public only sees the celebrities. Don’t forget there are producers, engineers, songwriters. Music doesn’t just cover songs you hear on radio. Think about TV, multimedia, gaming, voice over, sound fx etc. it’s a very wide industry”

Readers, do you agree?
To be honest, what crosses my mind every time people mention about music is the singer!
I totally forgot about them!!
Haha!
I told him I’m interested in this industry.
He was like “of course. Why not? Do some research on the type of jobs there are. You’ll find lots of interesting ones. Parents think that music means you end up as a singer or musician in a pub”
readers, what's your opinion on this topic?
voice out!

No comments: