Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm not a perfect person! :)


For the past couple of days,

I've been thinking deeply about the course that I should enroll for when I enter the university.
The results will be out within these few days

and it's really stressful to think about what I want to be in the future.
My passion throughout the years has been in the

counseling and psychology fields.

The problem is,

I think having this career for life will get me no where.

And I consider myself as a failure now and then.


Throughout my life as a student counselor, did I help much?


I remember a pair of siblings having a big fight over a small issue.

Their mom was very upset and talked to me about it.

So, I decided to lend a hand.

I counseled them

I cried with them

And

They reconciled


I remember a pair of couple having a big fight over a third party.

I talked to one of them.

I counseled her

I cried with her

And

They reconciled


I remember a lesbian telling me her problem with her partner.

I talked to her

I was there for her

I listened to her

And

She appreciated me from the bottom of her heart


I’m proud to say that

I did help many people out there without

asking for anything in return.

Maybe a little bit of respect rather than

insulting me by

telling people how superior I think I am,

telling people how I act as if I am

Miss-Know-It-All??

I have to admit that I did succeed in some cases and

fail badly in some cases too.

I still consider myself as a failure!

Why?


How come I can help people, strangers and friends but

I fail to do so towards myself and family?

I actually fail dreadfully…

Yeah, I admit.

Ironically, I can always tell people to think this and that way but

I failed to do it myself.

Negativity clouded me most of the time.

Haha! Funny right?


So, am I a good counselor?

I admit I am NOT


I am not perfect and I will never be

2 comments:

=YeongLi= said...

No one is perfect my dear friend!!

though
practice makes perfect,
but
no one is perfect!
why practice then ?
ahhahaha!!

take care!
you may be someone better than a counselor one day !

PiGgY PiNg said...

haaahaaa!