Thursday, July 2, 2009

the beginning of Uni Life

Piggy is back from the 1st apex university in Malaysia! Yea, I am very proud to announce that I’m the 1st
batch for this apex university! Every speaker would start their speech with

tahniah, anda adalah anak sulung kepada university berstatus apex pertama di negara ini

Yea, I thank God for giving me the opportunity to study in my own hometown. Unlike my other friends in other uni, they miss their family and loved one very much. I admit, I miss my family too. Orientation week was filled with activities all the time. I was very worried that I can’t adapt myself in this new environment and I was right. I was depressed living there. Awfully down. During the orientation week, we had to wake up as early as 5am and sleep after 12midnight. I did not have the time to wash my own clothes too.. I was extremely exhausted every day.

I’m currently staying in the oldest hostel in the campus. Yea, oldest! The building was officially launched in year 1994.

1994-2009 (Heritage hostel perhaps?)

Those who frequently keep in touch with me throughout this week know that I complain about my hostel too much! Every night I find myself restless as my room is very hot. Yes! Hot hot hot!! I mean it.. The ceiling fan and my bed are far apart. I’m not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Try asking those who stay in the same hostel as me. Few nights ago, we were fortunate that it rains. At least not that warm.

I prayed hard every night. I asked God to give me the strength to stay strong there. So, I compared myself with other uni instead of comparing hostels. In U*M, a senior punched one of the juniors because of his bad attitude. All of them were being scolded by the seniors too. On the other hand, we were well treated by our seniors. They took good care of us every hour. They had sleepless night too this week as they were on duty 24hours.

I get to meet many new friends too. Most of them are from Chinese school so I had a hard time talking to them in mandarin. Luckily, they didn’t mind speaking to me in English. I found myself closer with friends from Perak than those who are from Penang.

As I am still new there, I am confused all the time. Fortunately, I have Pin Yin’s sister to guide me.

Thanks a lot Yin Mei.

I will try my best to have a blissful uni life there.

Will be attending a camp in Kedah from 17th-19th this month :(

my condolences to Hj as his grandfather passed away few days ago..

1 comment: